Thursday, February 12, 2009

So today is John's last day at his current job...

...and there's going to be this 10 day period where he's sort of in limbo and then he should be moving to the housing for the new job as of the 24th of February. I'm hoping that maybe we could join him in Korea sometime that week. I'm really, REALLY hoping. But we'll see what happens. Still have a lot to do here to get ready too but I just want to be drama free for awhile. He's currently in the area where Camp Casey is, Dongducheon and he's going from there to Ilsan which is just west of Seoul, I guess a little closer to the coast. He was wanting to be in Ilsan, he was there the last time he was in Korea but only for a few months, I think. He spent most of the time in South Korea in Daejeon which is a bit south of Seoul. It's still kind of hard for me to really comprehend that we're going to be there but then, right now, the future is incomprehensible to me period. I just try to take it day by day and hope for the best. Been going to services on Saturdays which helps. Still really need to start getting better with Bible reading. I'm not very good with that at all. But baby steps, you know?

Today was a pretty good day. Got to have a nice break for a few hours and hang out with my best friend at her place. We got some lunch and spent the time watching Star Trek Voyager (my favorite of the Star Trek series) and getting some laundry done since my sister's washer kind of conked out. My friend had never seen Voyager before so she was interested but not too sure since the captain's a female. It took just the first episode and she was hooked. My older sister's husband has been downloading Voyager episodes for me and putting them on DVD and he's got me through season four already which is SWEET! I figure I'll be spending V-day watching a few of those unless my husband pops online to talk. Actually, it would be nice if he CALLED ME, spending Valentine's Day without him kind of bites. This is our TENTH Valentine's Day since we met back in 1999 and he's been gone three of them now. Yeah, this is the first one since 2003 that he's been gone but still, I miss him a lot. I never expected us to be apart this long. But yeah, I keep catching episodes here and there on Spike and now, I'm actually able to watch them in order from the beginning which will be nice.

Not much else going on with me. Just waiting to see if John pops online tonight while I'm still online here. Hopefully I'll hear from him Saturday night. That would kind of bite if I didn't. Everyone else I know is going out Saturday night so there won't be anyone to talk to. Even my sister's going out, with friends, but still I'll be pretty much here alone with just Natalie for company. Hmm, maybe I should do something crazy like dye my hair red...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.