Wednesday, October 8, 2008

John is now done with his hotel job.

So now, hopefully something will come up as far as a job in Korea. So far, I'm still preparing for everything to leave here on the 18th and that has not changed. The public school position has completely fallen through. The recruiter will be sending back his documents. It's just SO stupid that the only reason for this is because of his driving record. Nothing else. And it's from EIGHT years ago! Ugh! But, I just have to keep on keeping on and hopefully the position the other recruiter was telling him about will work out and John can take that. It's in the same city we were looking at before, just not public. But last I heard, she hadn't sent him all the information he needed either. *sigh* This whole thing can be SO frustrating! But again, we just have to keep on looking and trying to find something. With the fact that now John can go pretty much ANYTIME after the 22nd, he should be able to find something but in the meantime, it's a lot of stress dealing with things so up in the air like this. *sigh*

Not much going on otherwise. John got his check last night and it's a good one which is nice because my birthday (and five year wedding anniversary) is on Saturday. So FOR ONCE, it will be a decent one. Of course, can't really get much since we're moving but I can get at least one or two Sims 2 expansion packs. Can't wait!

I did end up finding out more on my former middle school teacher. From what I was able to find online, it appears she had a brain tumor and that ended her life. I find that VERY ironic because she was very much focused on her health and was a very active person. I'm sure that had to have been a very difficult illness to deal with as that would have taken away everything she had been enjoying before. Just doesn't seem fair. Her life was cut WAY too short. Sadly, as much as I regret not having contacted her sooner, I do have to say that it was probably for the best as I do not think I could have dealt emotionally knowing she was going through this while everything else in my life was going on. It still doesn't seem real though that she's gone and I'll never be able to talk to her again. I had planned to consult her when I finally got Natalie to that point in homeschooling. Not to mention, she was one reason why I would have considered putting Natalie where I went to school but that never would have happened because it's a Catholic school and there's just no way John would have tolerated that. Still, it was a thought. But she really was an excellent teacher and her loss is a huge blow to the middle school she taught at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.