Friday, September 19, 2008

YAY! Gotta love good news!

I was out all day yesterday so I missed the call I had gotten from the audiologist. I figured though that it was about whether or not I was approved for the hearing aid. I called this morning and it's VERY good news. I was approved for TWO new hearing aids from MA! YAY! This is VERY good timing too because the hearing aid I have is almost four years old and is starting to have some issues. Not to mention, in the ear hearing aids are really not that strong compared to the out of the ear hearing aids. So, I'm supposed to go over to the clinic today and pick out the colors I want for them! That just totally rocks. I should definitely get them back in time before leaving Beaver Dam. I'll admit, it's going to take some getting used to having two hearing aids (especially on the phone!) but I'm really hoping that it will help with my hearing.

Now though, I'm really kind of curious as to what kind I'm getting. My understanding originally was that MA only approved VERY basic hearing aids which did not include any kind that had colors. I know it's too much to hope but oh wouldn't it be awesome if they actually approved the Bluetooth ones? Hopefully, I'll know by this afternoon, I'll have to run over there after John gets done subbing for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.