Saturday, September 13, 2008

He has accepted the position.

Now, he just has to send everything over. This includes all of the documents including contract, passport size pictures, diploma, transcripts, etc. If all goes well, he should be getting a plane ticket to depart October 22nd. The pay day over there would be the 25th of the month so if we end up having to stay, it would not be until after Thanksgiving that we would be able to fly over there since he would get paid too close to the holiday travel time where tickets go up way too much. I just hope that they go down a little after that so that we can get tickets. But from what I figure, he should be able to stop working his one job as of October 9 and then if he wanted to sub, he could do that as the money would go right into my account a month later. Any little bit will help us get plane tickets at that point. If we don't go with him, I will be making sure that Natalie and I get NON-stop flights from Chicago to Korea. They are available. It is a 13 hour flight but considering it will be my FIRST plane ride EVER, I do not want to have to worry about dealing with a toddler during a layover, especially if I have a lot of stuff to deal with too. Not to mention, with delays and all of that, I would be SO afraid of missing my connecting flight. Non-stop would be much better.

So, in preparation for this, I purchased a few cloth diapers for Natalie for overnights. Since dryers are not overly popular over there (and I guess they don't really dry all that well), we'll be having to hang clothes up to dry and that will include Natalie's diapers so it was recommended that I get some pocket diapers. I got three so far that were on sale but by the time shipping and everything were added on, it did end up being a little more on the pricey side but oh well. I'm using the money from my PayPal account from what I have made making my nursing/sibling necklaces so I can't complain too much. Just need to get about three or four more though and then I'll be set. What I'm going to do if Natalie ends up regressing again, I'm not sure as I probably won't be able to take more than a package of diapers with me when I go over. I still will need to figure what to do about my own needs as I really do not want to get over there and find out that the only menstrual supplies that are available are scented. I am a little on the sensitive side when it comes to scented products, especially for that region.

I have a feeling the next month is just going to fly by. It usually does this time of year, especially from about three weeks to my birthday on. It's four weeks to my birthday/wedding anniversary now. But with everything that is going to have to be done, ESPECIALLY with the two computers I have that I still need to get stuff off of and put on THIS computer, it's going to go by fast, I think. Unfortunately, it's starting to look like I'm not going to get as much of my scrap booking done as I wanted to which is kind of a bummer. I'm still not even done with Natalie's first year. I have pictures to put in that I finally got developed, and the last five months of her first year to complete before I can even think of going on to the next year. SO much to get done! And this weekend, I really need to take some time to sit down and write to the warden of the prison my mom is at. I really want to be able to get visitation for her and the only way I'm going to have a chance of doing that is to get them to see that I'm not afraid of her victimizing me or anything like that. So that's got to get done so that I can get that off and maybe get it back before too long so that I can see her before I leave Beaver Dam. We'll just have to see how it all works out though.

Lots to do and very little time to do it in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.