Thursday, March 31, 2011

How do I tell my oldest daughter...

...that her grandpa is gone? He's not her biological grandfather but he's been the only grandparent she knows for the last five years. He lost his battle to lung cancer about two hours ago. I went to the hospital to see him one last time and came home around 2am and by then, she was asleep. I don't have the heart to wake her and tell her but I truly do not know how I'm going to tell her that he's gone. We've been preparing her for this for over a year now, since we first found out and we've been talking about it. She's seen him a couple of times this week when he went to the hospital after he suddenly declined on Sunday but it's hard for ME to believe he's gone and I saw him less than an hour before he died! It just doesn't seem real.

Poor thing. First her Aunt Mia moved far away to Tennessee and now her grandpa has died.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.