Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Time flies...even when you're not having fun!

This is something my mom used to say all the time that I do have to say I agree with, that and her whole, "I see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not that of an oncoming train!" Not quite to THAT point yet but it's getting there. This last week, oddly enough, went by pretty quick and now we're about two weeks to John's birthday which is when he next gets paid and when we plan to REALLY get the plane tickets. I just haven't felt comfortable getting them sooner than that when money just hasn't been quite as lucrative as I thought. But we'll be there soon and in the meantime, I have time to get ready to go.

It's New Year's Eve and this is normally the time I sit down and pore over all of my old journals and relive past New Year's Eves. I have too many of them now though including THREE online journals. So that tradition has sort of gone out the window. It's kind of odd though to think that for John, it's already the New Year. Here we are about three hours to midnight and the New Year and it's been the New Year for him for over 12 hours now. Just boggles my mind sometimes.

My younger sister is still in the hospital and will be until the baby is born. They are hoping that it will be AT term. She's not due though until March 24th. That's a LONG time to be in the hospital. Her husband plans to rent her a laptop and get her internet over at the hospital so that she doesn't go too insane with cabin fever. Otherwise, not much going on there other than that they are watching her very closely and running a bunch of tests to find out what exactly is going on.

Here, we're all just sort of vegging and waiting for midnight. Natalie got a nap earlier, so she'll be up because in La Crosse, they do fireworks on the bluffs and one of the stations tapes it so we can turn that on at midnight for the kids to watch (or kid, if the other two crash before then). Natalie LOVES fireworks so this will definitely be up her alley.

I will say, other than at the end when John left, 2008 wasn't too bad of a year; 2009 though, should prove to be very interesting once Natalie and I get overseas.

1 comment:

  1. I watched the fireworks on TV too. Best view I've ever had. :-)

    Good to read the updates even if they're not all good... thinking of your sister.

    Wishing you a blessed 2009!

    ReplyDelete

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.