Monday, December 8, 2008

Three weeks...maybe a little longer...but all the same, not much longer...

John called this morning with some VERY good news. We had been looking at ways to cut down on the amount of waiting time that is needed to get over to Korea. Part of what has to be done is to get visas and since going to and from Chicago by car is NOT fun (did that with John last month), the other option is to send it by mail. Well, part of the concern with getting the visa was the sponsorship which required documents being sent over to Korea, then getting the number we would need for the visa application, then filling out the application and sending this really big package to Chicago and then wait for it to come back to us and then get the plane tickets. His news today let me know that we can totally bypass that. We do not need a visa in Korea for thirty days. During that time, we can get the visas done ourselves and all that would be needed is a day trip to Japan to complete the process. So, John is looking into this and with luck, he may be able to get the plane tickets as soon as next week with the money he gets from his paycheck.

So here, I've been thinking how in the world am I going to get through the next month plus before we get over there and now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get everything done in the next two weeks! lol Crazy how that all goes. But, at the worst case scenario, if I can't find a way to be in La Crosse for the final week, I do have somewhere else to go and that may something I need if there's no way for me to be in town. In the meantime, I want to spend the next week or so getting EVERYTHING ready including getting all the clothing down to one suitcase and one carry on bag. That's a BIG job but it has to be done. Seems kind of overwhelming though to think about it.

We're getting closer though so that's something. Not scared yet, reality hasn't quite hit on that end and probably won't until I'm actually at the airport or on the way down and then I'll probably freak out. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.