Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Today's my mom's birthday.

She just turned 66. She was 57 when she was first incarcerated for my BIL's murder. I haven't seen her since she was here for my dad's trial in August of 2004. With her and my dad's birthdays, I wonder how long they'll live. So far, no one on either side of the family has lived past 70. Granted, back when my grandparents died, that was a fairly average life span. And they lived to that having died from major diseases so I do wonder. I don't think my parents have the opportunity to have the greatest health possible. Their situation makes it so that they have to spend most of the day sedentary. But they do have health care which makes them luckier than many people in the US including my brother. It always crosses my mind though around this time, wondering how much time they have left. There is no chance of parole so that will never be an issue. Nursing homes, things like that will never be something us kids will have to deal with. We dealt with all of their things almost 9 years ago so that's not an issue anymore either. All that's left is to figure out what to do when they do die, if anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.