Saturday, October 9, 2010

John and Natalie are back in the USA.

Thank goodness! He did have to hand over his bank card though which just really ticks me off. The way some of these employers treat their employees over there...seriously I do not AT ALL recommend teaching in Korea. It is the BIGGEST scam EVER. The sad thing is we've been pretty lucky compared to other people I've talked to. Some have literally gone through their savings being over in that country and have gotten screwed by their employers in the end. There's just not enough protection for English teachers over there. I wish he had called me so I could have told him that what she was doing was ILLEGAL, that whoever sponsored his visa HAD to pay for his plane ticket but I'm sure he felt especially vulnerable being there with our four year old. This whole thing has been a NIGHTMARE. While there were some okay aspects and it was nice to have a chance to check out a large city, job wise, it sucked. It's one of those nice place to visit but you do NOT want to live there. I don't know how people who do live there long term do it. They obviously have had better luck than we did. Hopefully he won't end up losing his whole pension and hopefully we can start rebuilding our lives and put this whole nightmare behind us. I'm just SO GLAD I did not stay there to have the baby. It would have been SO MUCH worse if we all had been over there.

Just waiting for him to call again so I can let him know about his ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.