Wednesday, October 6, 2010

In just a few more days...

...John and Natalie will be home. I'm SO SO GLAD that they are coming home though not entirely happy at the circumstances that lead to this. John is coming home having been terminated for his job. The reason? Something about the parents not liking him. *sigh* It's just stupid one can be fired over there for something so petty but that's one of the HUGE drawbacks of working over there as an ESL teacher. And there isn't much protection for teachers there so, not much that can be done. John was going to look into another job but heard nothing from recruiters. I hate to say it but no doubt the fact that he had our four year old daughter there with him was a factor. So, having his plane ticket (and I guess Natalie's too) paid for by the school coordinator he was working for at the job before the one that fired him is getting him home, thank goodness. Of course, I won't feel sure about it all until he's actually here, I still expect some SNAFU to come up but I'm hoping all the same that it won't and he and my little girl will be here with me by Sunday night which (seeing that that is the day before my birthday) would be the best birthday/anniversary present of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.