Tuesday, January 20, 2009

May I also mention?

Now I know why people went to bed pretty much at dark back in the old days. WOW. It is NOT fun to have to try and do things in candlelight, really. And this half hour on/half hour off thing is VERY annoying! Not to mention, it's kind of freaking Natalie out especially after dark. Ugh. Fortunately, my younger sister is picking me up and I'm staying with her until I can finally go to Korea (or John comes home, whatever ends up happening, *sigh*). One thing for sure, without power, you sure get a lot of praying done. But that did help a little, I was able to get calmed down but there's NO WAY I could stay here until my sister finally got enough money together to pay her bill, especially since the electric company also wants a $200 deposit now. Ugh. How can people live this way?! I just don't get it. NOTHING one can buy is worth this, seriously. But they all see it as a big adventure! Um, sorry, no, I did that already the summer after our house burned down and I'm not into doing that all again. No way. I don't even camp if I can help it. And of course my sister sees it as an adventure, she works full days seven out of 14 days so she's not home half of the time anyway! Ugh. Why did I sign up for all of this again? Seriously, we should have just not done this if we didn't have the money for the plane tickets for all three of us. *sigh* Because now I really don't know when we're going to go or even IF we're going to go. It's all going to depend on when John finds a new job. The one he has will end February 13th. Why does that almost always happen around Valentine's Day? Ugh. But yeah, I just wish he would come home. I miss him.

As for WHY he lost his job, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to matter over there if you are doing a good job or not, if the parents don't like you, you're out. And the Koreans usually do not follow their contracts so there is nothing protecting you if they decide they don't like you. Though this is more of a problem with the private schools, not as much with the public ones. I'm hoping that that something will come through whether that is a new, better job or we just decide this isn't going to work and try to make it here. I don't know. Obviously, it was time to leave Beaver Dam, we just weren't getting anywhere there. I just don't know where exactly where we're supposed to be. Hopefully the answers will come soon but in the meantime, it looks like it's going to be awhile before we'll be together as a family again and that is the hardest part of it all because I really, REALLY miss my husband.

Not much else going on other than my sister is starting to dilate. She's 31 weeks and she's 1cm already. She has also been told by her OB that if she goes into labor (even now), they will NOT stop it. They are going to take that as a sign that the baby is supposed to be out. But, her OB also wants me in town to help her out because she can't handle the two kids herself AND rest and she really needs to rest. Her husband...I won't go into right now, that's another whole ball of wax in and of itself and if I think about it too much, I'll just get mad. So, that's what's going on in my life right now. Hopefully things will turn around soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.