Thursday, January 15, 2009

I am SO sick of this winter!

Between the constant snowing and the now, EXTREMELY bitter cold temperatures, I've pretty much had it with winter in Wisconsin this year. Temperatures last night got all the way down to -23 degrees. It was SO cold this morning, they showed a thing on the news where they threw water out of a glass or something and it FROZE before hitting the ground. It was THAT cold. Schools all over are canceled and tonight, it is supposed to be even colder. Now, when I say how cold it was, I'm not even talking about the windchill. Those are even worse. Last night's temp was the ACTUAL temperature. Windchill, I believe got all the way down to -40 or more. So yeah, not fun.

Monday was snow which made sure to COMPLETELY mess up me getting ANYTHING accomplished in town. I'm still in need of a suitcase and a few other items including jeans for Natalie because she's chunked up being cooped up all winter here. I'm SUPPOSED to be leaving a week from Saturday from Chicago to go to Korea (at 8am too) and I'm nowhere NEAR ready to go. I have SEVERAL items that still have to go to the locker, things to pack, laundry to do and I can't get anything done because I'm CONSTANTLY stranded here. When I finally DO get to town, there's no time to get everything done and getting to town constantly depends on the weather which has been HORRENDOUS this winter.

And I can't even really make plans until I konw what is going on with the flight and John for some reason has not gotten ahold of me in more than 24 hours. I'm getting mighty annoyed with this. He pulled this quite a few times last week too and that's why things got delayed a full week. He could AT LEAST let me know if he has made the attempt to get the tickets or not. I can't call him because I don't have international long distance on the phones here and calling long distance is expensive enough: 10 cents a minute. He obviously hasn't gotten to an internet cafe because he hasn't emailed me and he's yet to call me and let me know what's going on. So I don't know what's going on. I'm EXTREMELY stressed out, almost to the point of just wanting to sleep all the time. I shut down now when I'm stressed out and that's not good when I have NO ONE to help me with things. I don't know. Life really sucks for me right now and I'm getting very frustrated with everything, getting very stressed out, and getting very depressed yet again.

To top the whole load of garbage off is my younger sister and all of her problems that is getting EVERYONE in the family dragged in. She recently found out that her husband is in love with her best friend (read the entry on the huge fight she and I had because I was ticked off at her for getting back with this friend back in October, that's the one). He has been having an affair with this girl for awhile and I guess it started as far back as last year. This woman has been staying with them recently (along with a few other people, in a two bedroom apartment that was already cramped with the four family members) and I guess my brother-in-law's plan was for both of them women and their children to live together so that, I guess, he was never without sex (since one of the big problems with this pregnancy is the sex restrictions that were put in place by the OB). Yeah, that went over REAL well. The stress from finding out all of this plus other problems that cropped up put my sister into the hospital with contractions Sunday night. She's only 30 weeks pregnant. *sigh*

I'm trying VERY hard to stay out of this, going so far as to sit out in my best friends car for what was probably close to, if not more than, an hour while all of the various family members and friends discussed what was going to happen. And nothing I needed to get done got done. And I may or may NOT get to La Crosse on Friday and it would be REALLY nice to get there so that I could MAYBE go to services and be exposed to some NORMAL people for once. You know, people who don't live their lives in a constant soap opera like most people I know do.

I just want to get the things done I need to get done so that I can leave having everything completed that I need to have completed so that I don't have to worry about anything of mine because it will all be where it needs to be. But I don't even know what is going on and I'm dependent on people who really don't care what happens to me, who really haven't seem to grasp the fact that I'm leaving in a little over a week, to a country that is 7000 miles away, not to come back for at least close to two years if not more depending on the state of the economy in this country. And the weather is NOT HELPING! It's just SO FRUSTRATING! And there's not a darn thing I can do about it. Because most of it is completely and totally out of my control and I'm getting SO sick of it. And when you consider that I'm dealing with all of this without the weekly therapy appointments I had back in Beaver Dam, without meds, with very little help with Natalie from anyone else, without being able to get outside, or cook what I want, or have access to hot water everyday I've been here, it is absolutely amazing I have not completely and totally gone off the deep end.

And I haven't even gotten on the airplane yet. My very first flight EVER, which will be international, taking along my three year old, where I will be pretty much going from the time I get up until I get to our apartment in Korea almost (if not more than) 24 hours later...that will be the test. To say I'm not looking forward to it is a bit of an understatement. The question is, who's going to be there to drag ME on the plane?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.