Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm very happy to announce...

...the arrival of our second daughter, Isabelle Arianna. She was born July 20th at 7:37 am, SUCCESSFUL VBAC! She's smaller than her big sister was, only 8 lbs but she's beautiful, absolutely precious, and looks very much like her sister did at birth (some say she's a xerox copy but that's not quite correct because she doesn't have the stork bite her sister was born with). Labor, when it REALLY hit, was very fast and very intense and most of it was in my back but I had GREAT labor support and did not go to the hospital until I was VERY close to transition. Contractions were a minute apart when I got to the hospital, backed off a little, then came back. I got to the hospital less than three hours before Isabelle was born and gave birth to her without any drugs at all. It was an incredible experience and I'm still amazed that I did it. Poor John though missed the whole thing. While I did call him during the labor, I never did get the computer set up and everything just went too fast at the hospital for me to set anything up. It was probably for the best; I don't think Natalie would have been able to handle seeing me in pain.

So now, I'm just enjoying my little girl and hoping that her daddy and sister will be able to join us again in the states soon.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! You worked so hard for this birth. I am so proud of you for overcoming so many obstacles just to have a real chance to VBAC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm so glad you got your VBAC! That's hard to have to be without your hubby--at least mine has been my main labor support--but I'm glad you had someone good to take care of you.
    Happy Babymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Congratulations! A million times over. I am so happy for you :)
    God Bless!
    Shellie

    ReplyDelete

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.