Friday, July 13, 2007

It's NOT FAIR!

I got a phone call tonight, a call I did not want to get, especially on Friday the 13th (at least it wasn't Saturday the 28th but still). My little sister, Vannessa, only 12 weeks to her due date, lost her daughter Emmah. She is being admitted to the hospital and will be induced sometime tomorrow morning. I will be heading up to La Crosse tomorrow. I can't even imagine the pain she has to be going through. I grieve for her though because I know she has to be suffering greatly. She's not even 22 years old and has suffered two of the greatest losses a person can suffer already: loss of a spouse and loss of a child and both within a five year period.

Along with this terrible sadness comes great anger. WHY?! She doesn't deserve this! She's not a bad person and it's not right that she go through this much suffering. Whoever said that God doesn't give you more than you can handle is a liar. Everything was FINE until just last night. From what I've been told, she hadn't felt the baby move since midnight last night. No warning, no NOTHING! And now, she has to go through a birth that's...I can't even say it. I can't say it; I can't imagine it. I just want to cry and scream and I can't even guess at what my little baby sister is going through. I hate being so far away. I feel SO helpless! WHY?! WHY WHY WHY WHY?!

And I've got to be the one to tell my mom. How am I going to do that?

1 comment:

  1. {{{{More hugs}}}}

    Let it all out ... it's not fair ... there is no why ... there is darkness and loss in this world with no reasoning to it's order, timing or other details

    Thinking of you and your family --
    Tami

    ReplyDelete

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.