Tuesday, July 9, 2013

We took a little bit of a break but now I'm hoping to finish up the "year" by October.

Okay, I never said I was conventional but that is the plan so far. We're still using Time4Learning and I plan to continue with that until she finishes the first grade portions of math, language arts, and languages arts extension and the second grade portions of social studies and science. After that, I'm going to either look into other options or continue on with Time4Learning. I really like how everything is already set up and how easy it is for Natalie to navigate it which means she's working fairly independently. However, I'm also thinking I would like to at least add to it as well, especially in the subjects my daughter is particularly interested in, like science. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it all together though and I think eventually I will, just will take a bit of planning and a lot of organization both skills I'm not the greatest at, I admit.

And, in the meantime, I would like to also start working with Isabelle on pre-school stuff. Not much as she'll only be three but a start especially as her sister is working. I'm getting some ideas in my head too on things I can try, especially as my oldest is really into My Little Pony. I swear I spend half of the day just thinking of everything!

So, while we're doing all of this, I'm also trying to get the girls out and doing activities because this is the time of year when all of that is available. I'm trying to encourage Natalie to read as well as that's been something she hasn't been too big on doing on her own. She loves when I read to her (and unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of reading out loud myself) but getting her to read on her own or even read to her sister is not so easy.

Next couple of weeks I'm trying to get as much in as possible then Natalie is supposed to be off for a week at summer camp. After that, I'm hoping to go full speed ahead until early September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.