Sunday, June 2, 2013

We're finally getting somewhere with the homeschooling!

We did the one month trial of Time4Learning and to be honest, I felt I hadn't given it a fair shot. I wanted to try it a little longer to see if we could get more out of it. I'm VERY glad I did. I went back, sort of stepped back to some of the earlier lessons, and gave it another go. Natalie is doing much better with it now. We're getting around 3 hours a day, four days a week with her studies. Plan is to continue through the summer and hopefully be done with all of the first grade stuff by the time September rolls around. Since there are a number of holy days in September, we will use that time for her to take her "summer" vacation before she starts second grade, probably in October. I'm looking to only really take a month off for summer. That month though will give me an idea as to whether I want to continue with Time4Learning or try something else. I will probably also start to figure out what Isabelle can do since she will be three at that time and can certainly start doing some things too. Obviously it won't be anywhere near as much as what Natalie is doing but it will be a start.

Days around here have been interesting though. Isabelle has entered that stage where she's into EVERYTHING and constantly getting into trouble. It's never a good sign when she comes into the bedroom and the first thing she says is, "Don't get made Mom!" NEVER a good sign because it means she's gotten into something she KNOWS she's not supposed to get into. One time it was the eggs in the fridge and she cracked one of them over the carpet in her sister's bedroom. Another time, she had taken the butter into her room and put a bunch of stuff in it. I tell you, this is the one that's going to make all my hair go white! She is just into trouble constantly!

She has her own room now. We made a switch with the bedrooms a couple of weeks ago. My office is now in the large bedroom with bedroom furniture. Isabelle got the room that used to be our bedroom and Natalie got the room that used to be my office. We're still trying to get everything organized and put away but it's getting there. Figured by the time we move out we'll have it all set. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.