Saturday, May 2, 2009

Moved into the new apartment...

...for the most part. I hate it. I absolutely hate it. John's not loving it very much either. While we gained a loft which is JUST the right height for Natalie to claim as her domain (but too low for me to really be able to go after her when she decides she wants to be up there and I don't), we lost an oven, a dishwasher, a radio, and a dryer. Oh, and did I mention that the ONLY closet with a bar to hang clothes on is up in the loft? That is also where the two extra outlets, extra internet connection, and extra cable connection is. Um, and just what WAS this apartment set up for? Snow White and her seven dwarfs? On top of that, the cable and the internet has NOT been transferred over and the phone is STILL set up to only take calls, not call out. John has already gotten some conflicting answers on when the cable and internet will be set up here so at the moment, I'm on the WI-FI when I'm able to which is not often. The entire day yesterday, I could not get online. THANK GOODNESS for Star Trek Voyager and The Sims 2. Without those, I'd go stark raving mad by now.

Tomorrow, we're looking at another school, in another city entirely and we'll be checking out the apartment as well. John isn't going to stay at this school any longer than he has to, especially since he's going to be replaced anyway. I just feel sorry for the new teacher who has to live here. I mean, we don't even have a microwave. And the place wasn't even CLEAN! People don't do that, they move out of the apartment with the apartment in the shape it's in and the next person moves in pretty much the same day. YUCK!

In other news, since John was off of work yesterday for a holiday, we FINALLY got Natalie's three year pictures done, four months late. *sigh* So, those will be back next week, including CD and I should be able to post those. They're okay, definitely not as much done as I wanted but there's only so much I can get across not knowing Korean. As it was, the experience was frustrating enough because I couldn't get shoes to go with Natalie's dress. The only dress up shoes she had were black ones but the only white ones I could find were either too small, too expensive, or too tacky. In the end, I just wanted the pictures done but hopefully, the photographer understood my instructions to CROP OUT THE SHOES! Because seriously, the black shoes with yellow socks do NOT go with the dress AT ALL but for some reason, they did REALLY far off pictures rather than close ups. *sigh* And to top it off, Natalie got some kind of a black stain on her dress too. I got most of it out but there's still a little spot on there that hasn't really budged so far. Going to have to try again during the week and see if I can get any more of it out because seriously, that was the FIRST time she wore that dress! Good thing I only spent $10 on it.

Still, by the end of the whole thing, I had a vicious headache and had to go home and take a nap which didn't help. At least today I didn't get a headache because we ended up going out on the subway to an area near Seoul to get a new adapter for the computer since for some dumb reason, the teacher who gave me the adapter wanted it back! But, fortunately, we found the correct one and it seems to be working pretty well. At least it stays in the outlet a little better than the other one did. We ended up being out for awhile though and didn't get back in until after 11pm. At least we got to the place before it closed, it was debatable though because we had to wait until close to sundown to leave.

But right now, the idea is sort of to spend as little time in the apartment as possible which is not going to be all that easy next week while John is at work. However, I've got a TON of laundry to do and a washer to figure out how to use to get it done. Should be fun. Hopefully I won't shrink anything in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.