Monday, November 10, 2008

Well, he made it.

John is in South Korea. He called me this morning from the school where he was touring. I also got to speak with the director and she sounded very nice, excited to meet both me and Natalie. So, that part is done and now we need to figure out when Natalie and I will be going over. It will probably not be until after December 15 which may mean that we are here until after the January 1st. It's just all going to depend on the holidays and stuff. We can't even apply for our visas though until John gets his first full check. He'll send that and then I'll do the applications and send them through the mail and then I should get that all back in the mail as well and after that, we make plans as to when we fly over. He is going to try and get the same airline he had and have us fly over on the same day though the problem with that is that getting paid on the 15th of December, that won't be until December 21st and that is going to be a really bad time to try and fly due to the craziness of the holiday season. Still, being able to go with him and see part of the process really helped and I now know I can get another bag for both Natalie and myself and I can get a laptop bag for the computer too and use a purse/diaper bag for Natalie. Hopefully I'll be able to put some toys in there for her as I'm sure she's going to want her doll and a few other things. Not sure how I'm going to deal with 8 bags, a two/three year old AND a car seat (yes, I need to take the car seat and that alone is going to be a big pain in the behind). I'll also either need to invest in a harness or an extension for the Ergo sling I'm buying from a friend of mine as I am not going to be able keep a full hand on my daughter at all times and she's entirely too fond of the escalator (I'm terrified of them, I don't even like the stupid moving sidewalk!) So lots of details, things to buy, things to figure out and it's just all mind boggling but at least John has made it to South Korea safely and that's the important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully this will help keep the spam down and yet allow anyone who wants to comment to comment.